You may want to contact us because you have been given a diagnosis by your GP or another Health Professional and you are looking for psychological help with a specific problem.
Equally, you may not exactly know what it is that you are suffering from, but have a sense that somehow things are not feeling right for you or you can’t function properly in your life. This may be because you feel sad or unhappy much of the time, or you have difficulties settling and sleeping, or you get very anxious or angry. You may find you can’t concentrate very well, are easily distracted or have problems getting on in your personal or work relationships. You may be finding it difficult to come to terms with a disabling or life-threatening illness. You may have only recently noticed these problems or they may have been with you for a long time, maybe for much of your life.
Whatever your particular circumstances, you could benefit from a psychological assessment to explore more closely what your problems might be linked to and whether we could help you to work towards increased well-being and better functioning.
Our integrative and highly individualised approach coupled with our extensive experience and broad knowledge base enable us to work with most psychological and mental health problems as well as a wide range of conditions that may compromise your healthy functioning in life.
The problems we can help with include:
- All types of trauma and abuse-related problems, which may have led to Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or Dissociative Problems including Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Anxiety, including Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and other types of anxiety problems
- Stress and Burn-Out
- Phobias: these include specific fears that interfere with your functioning and may hinder you from doing certain things in life; for example, fear of flying, heights, crowds, open spaces and many others
- Depression and Low Mood
- Bi-Polar Disorder (BPD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Problems (OCD)
- Eating Disorders, including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Obesity
- Anger and Impulse Control Problems
- Addictions: we can help you when you feel ready to make a change to your addictive patterns, such as changing your drinking, gambling or shopping behaviour. Please note we cannot offer detox or drug withdrawal programmes
- Personality Disorders, such as Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Avoidant Personality Disorder (APD), Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Relationship Difficulties and Break-ups
- Sexual Intimacy and Sexual Problems
- Family Problems
- Attachment Problems such as insecure attachments
- Bereavement and coming to terms with loss, including traumatic loss
- Coming to terms with or adjusting to a chronic or terminal illness or chronic pain
- Low Self-Esteem
- Life Direction and Transition Issues
- Work-Life Balance Issues
- Personal Development Work
If your problem isn’t included in this list or you are not sure if any of the problems listed apply, please contact us. One of our consultants will be able to explore with you whether it could be helpful for you to attend a psychological assessment to develop a more in-depth understanding of your problems and to find out whether we could help you.