After an initial telephone conversation or assessment, usually with the Clinical Director or another qualified consultant, we decide jointly with you what type of therapy is most appropriate and which consultant is best qualified to deliver it.
Clients will meet with their allocated consultant for an initial assessment process following which a suitable treatment programme is agreed. This is fully explained to clients before consultations start and will be tailored to their individual needs. Our approach is to tailor a therapy programme that works for you and this may contain elements or combinations of different treatment modalities.
Dr Herbert supervises the team of consultants and all work is reviewed regularly to ensure every client continues to receive the best service for their particular circumstances and problems.
Our consultants’ collective expertise covers many specialist areas including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT), including the newer Third Wave approaches
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (SP)
- Havening Techniques®
- Transpersonal and Depth Psychology